The Academy of Allied Health Careers’ staff and faculty are responsible for establishing and implementing systems and procedures to prevent and detect fraud, waste, or abuse. The Academy’s goal is to create a culture of honesty and high ethics.
The Academy is committed to the responsible stewardship of resources; and state law requires all public institutions of higher education to provide a means by which employees, students, or others may report suspected or known improper or dishonest acts.
Whether you are a faculty or staff member, a student, or an interested citizen, we encourage you to report known or suspected dishonest acts by students, employees, outside contractors, or vendors.
Dishonest acts, either known or suspected, should be reported, such as:
- Theft or misappropriation of funds, supplies, property, or other Academy resources
- Forgery or alteration of documents
- Unauthorized alteration or manipulation of computer files
- Improper and wasteful activity
- Falsification of reports to management or external agencies
- Authorization or receipt of compensation for hours not worked
Before making allegations of dishonesty, be sure of any claims. Such allegations can seriously and negatively affect the accused person's life and adversely affect the working environment in the person's department.